We provide a large and easily accessible resource bank of useful information detailing practical advice on a wide variety of subjects:-
- Mental and physical health and well-being.
- Local support groups and organisations, what they offer and how to contact them.
- Details of national service providers.
We can help you
- Find relevant leaflets.
- Assist you with making phone calls and internet searches, filling in forms and writing letters.
- Signpost you to people and places that are able to meet your needs.
We have experienced members of staff who are available to give individual advice and assistance on a one-to-one basis.
- Health issues such as diabetes, weight and chronic conditions.
- Mental well being.
- Healthy eating.
Whatever difficulties you are facing staff at First Focus will help you cope
- One to one counselling
- Group support
- A programme of activities aimed at helping you relax and socialise.
The warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere you will find at First Focus is set up make you feel valued. We aim:-
- To promote a sense of well-being in all our service users.
- To prevent loneliness and isolation.
- To encourage the development of lasting friendships.
- To encourage you to express your thoughts and feelings and have increased confidence in social situations.
GROUPS THAT USE FIRST FOCUS
In addition to all these services First Focus also plays host to several other organisations with very similar aims and objectives.
- Fakenham Library
- Norfolk Deaf Association
- Mind Carers Group
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
We can help you overcome any mental difficulties you are experiencing in the following ways:
- You will be welcomed into a friendly, caring environment.
- We will understand and recognise your unique self.
- We can signpost you to others services that can give expert help and support.
- We will encourage you to join in a programme of activities.
- We have a counsellor on site to provide one to one support.
- We can tailor independent learning resources to your needs.
- You will be supported and valued.
We offer a wide range of activities aimed at helping you to relax and unwind and maybe introduce you to a new hobby
- Arts and crafts
- Creative writing
- Gentle exercise
Nutrition advice and workshops and other group work and interactions are aimed to help stimulate members’ physical, and creative improvement and development.